My Haircare Routine
This is the most awaited topic. I’m not an expert of hair but I’m sharing my routine which I set after experimenting thousand of products and I’m sure this will help you. Most of the time we take things for granted and assume that we know everything after all its all about oiling your hair which makes it better right? but to your surprise there are a number of things other than oiling which can make or break your hair.
To be honest I left taking care of my hair during my pregnancy till 7th month. Whole day I used to sleep because of nausea and didn’t feel like brushing everyday or oiling. As a result, my hair got more damaged and started falling. I used to simply brush my hair and oil it once a week from my 8th month of pregnancy but then I started studying about it and developed my interest in taking care of it hahah. So I’m sharing one by one what I started doing and what helped me the most.
1. Scalp Brushing: I have recently purchased wooden brush for scalp brushing and a wooden comb to comb my hair during the wash. Before that I used to have a brush which has plastic bristles it was good until I tried wooden one. The wooden bristles stimulate the cells within your scalp, increasing blood flow, which promotes hair growth and prevents hair loss. #TIP To be honest brushing the hair needs to be learnt too. You can watch videos on YouTube and learn the exact way to brush. This is the brush which I’m using.
2. Scalp Exfoliation: I didn’t know about it before. I knew skin exfoliation but never tried scalp exfoliation. Exfoliating can keep hairstyling products from building up on the scalp, which can make the hair look dull. Exfoliating with a brush or with a scalp scrub can help get rid of the flakes.
3. Oiling: I have tried ALL KIND OF OILS but none of them worked. Recently I purchased Argan Oil and it’s too hard to rinse it off. You don’t want to shampoo your hair thrice just to get rid off it also it wasn’t showing the results. This is my own experience may be it works for you. So currently I’m using the basic Mustard Oil (Sarso) I Oil my hair twice a week and leave it over night by making the braid.
4. Shampoo & Conditioner: So choosing the right shampoo depends whether your hair are damaged, oily, chemical treated, Dandruff Hair, frizzy and curly. You can’t just randomly go and pick one. If the ingredient label contains sulfates and alcohols, it may not be suitable for your hair type. I got Xtenso done on my wedding and recently had low lights. I’m using L’Oréal Professional Liss Unlimited Shampoo + Conditioner. Before that I was using Sunsilk, Pantene and Dove but ever since I switched to this shampoo trust me there is no way back.
5. Pressure Points Massage: When I was unmarried I taught my mother how to massage pressure points which I learnt online. She practised it and then I used to get my pressure points massaged. I try doing it now by my own but it’s best if someone does that for you.
6. Soft Water: Once at a salon, the stylist told me “Fabulous hair starts in the shower” Most of the time you don’t realise but the shampoo/product is still there even after washing it off. You have to spend sufficient time & ensure that your scalp around your hairline and the nape of your neck is squeaky clean. Like shampoo, when conditioner isn’t rinsed properly, your hair will be weighed down. Hair should feel soft, but not like it has an extra coating on it. If it does, take a couple of extra minutes to rinse until the strands no longer feel slick. Make sure you use soft water because hard water will definitely ruin your hair regardless what product you use.
7. Towel Dry: One thing I learn that turbie twist and wrap really damaged my hair. Now I just wrap the towel around my hair without twisting and rolling the towel.
8. Hairfall: After my son yes there is hair fall. I won’t fake that my hair don’t fall. It does specially when I don’t get time to brush them. Now when I know I’m gonna be so busy I simply brush and make a braid. This saves my time and even if I don’t brush they don’t get damaged. I apply yogurt and egg mask once a week that’s all for hair fall.
9. Collagen Building Food: Instead if taking collagen tablets I prefer eating the collagen packed food like carrots, cucumber, fish etc. You can search about it too.
I think I have almost covered what I do. I would love to read if this post has helped you in anyway and will be looking forward to read your haircare routine/experience etc.